Hard top hoist for Spider

this is the story of a hoist...sort of:

i rigged up a "place" for my spider hard top on one of my garage walls
(since ceiling space ran out with 4 bikes and auto garage door openers).
first, i screwed in 3 equally, horizontally spaced, padded hooks (the
rubberized type common in garage use) into the beams.  the rear of the
top rests here [note: for added protection use some greater padding like
foam or even garden hose].  to hold the hard top against the wall, i put
two, strong hook eyes into the beams on either side of the hard top,
toward the front of the top.  i then secured the it with adjustable
retention straps (the kind intended for holding things down in pick-up
beds) run between the two hook eyes.  the nice part is that i simply pull
on the straps (i used two, but one should really suffice if you're
stingy) to winch the hard top tight against the wall.  it's out of the
way and can be lowered by loosening the straps.  plus, the whole thing
cost maybe $20, and that's b/c i opted for the 4-pak of straps.  i lifted
the top up myself, but ideally two people are best.   good luck.

ascher
78 spider
91164L
                 ascher@domain.elided