Howard's Dilemma

                                          9:32 AM             10/21/99

As John H. pointed out, when deciding what a car is "worth" it is =
important to figure in the alternatives, which are invariably much more =
boring than any Alfa.

Having decided that my Milano is a keeper, I would have no regrets =
putting this kind of money into it to keep it running. Why? There really =
isn't a car for less than $30K that I would trade my $5K Milano for. And =
over the last 6 years it has been dead reliable. So much that other than =
routine maintenance, whenever I feel the need to work on the car I have =
to upgrade it somehow ; )

My wife's much more expensive (to buy and to maintain) Audi Quattro is =
rapid, precise, and well engineered - a great car. But somehow it still =
feels somewhat like an appliance.

In terms of driving fun and overall capability, the Milano is easily =
"worth" whatever reasonable maintenance is required of it.

Joe Cabibbo - Madison, WI
'89 Milano, '87 Milano (barbecued)
FORZA Modern Media <www.forza-mm.com>