Bosch electronic ignition system for 105 series

Mathew Killick asked about Australian Bosch electronic ignition systems for
105 series

With regard to the Bosch electronic ignition system in a 105, that was me
(Warren Reid). The system is an off the shelf one, albeit modified to suit
105 series motors. Its offered by Vin Sharp (PACE) although I got mine
through Hugh Harrison (ALFPA repairs), but they all get them through this
guy in North Ringwood. I think the guy only likes selling to his
distributors, so you'll have to get one through Hugh or Vin or?

I believe the system is out of a Camira with the dog drive and shaft
modified to suit the 105. Its all local Bosch stuff. I've had mine on my
1750 GTV for about 10,000  km with no problems, except for when it
inexplicably stopped one day. I thought it was the electronic coil that went
north. Turned out the distributor clamp bolt wasn't tight enough and the dog
drive popped out! Easily fixed. Car always starts straight away, even after
2 weeks. I am always impressed how it sits down and idles straight away even
without any choke. I've taken the car off the road for a year or two to do a
couple of other things to it. The fact that we also had too many cars
registered was the other reason!

Expect to pay about $475 (from memory). That was about 10 months ago. I must
admit that I was a bit reluctant to spend that much, but was glad I did in
the end, as it made a world of difference (mainly at idle and lower end
torque) The whole kit includes: distributor with module attached, dizzy cap,
leads, electronic coil. You need to use your distributor clamp. I believe of
all the systems they've sold over the last 5 years or so, they've only had
one module go bad. I got the standard system, but I believe that there is a
racing version available.
You can contact Hugh on (03) 9729 9946 or Vin on (03) 9842 1201

Warren Reid
Melbourne Australia
86 Spider Veloce
68 1750 GTV
84 Alfetta GCL
58 and 61 Bugeyes
99 Camry V6 (lease hack and closest I could get to a 166!)
	Warren Reid
	Maritime Platforms Division
	Defence Science and Technology Organisation
	PO Box 4331
	Melbourne
	Australia 3001

	Phone: +61 3 9626 8205