Re: Lock (or latch mechanism) for Alfetta GTV 2000

  > I'm looking for a lock (or latch mechanism) for my 1979 Alfetta GTV
  > 2000.  By "lock" or "latch mechanism", I mean the device with a
  > crab-like craw that protrudes from the rear-facing side of a door.
  > This device grabs a post on the body when a door is closed.  This is
  > European-spec car.  In North America, it's called Alfetta GT or
  > something else.  I'd like to know if this device is interchangeable
  > between a European-spec model and a North-American-spec model.
  >
  > Thanks.
  >
  > Chisheng Huang
  > LA, CA, USA

Just in case you wonder how I got a Euro-spec Alfetta GTV 2000 in the
la la land in U.S.A., well, I don't.  The car is sleeping in a basement
with a big dehumidifier next to her in Taiwan.  I seem to remember
there is a regulation that allows cars 25 years old or older to be
brought into U.S.A.  I intend to do so in 2004.  Does anybody know how
to proceed?  Since I'm in California, any more requirements does my car
have to meet?  Thought it's 5 years from now, I like to think this way:
I'll have the car here after I drive it for another 20 weeks:)

If possible, please reply to the digest.  I know there are fellow
digesters interested in this, too.

Thanks.

Chisheng Huang
LA, CA, USA