license to speed

>those little cash flow impacts humorously known as speeding tickets (sounds
>like something you should buy when you want to go fast!).

I read that the great state of Texas was considering or had adopted
legislation that would actually do this.  The idea was that you could buy
"prepaid" speeding tickets; if a cop later stopped you for speeding, you
could hand over one of the tickets, and drive off with no (additional) fine
or points against your license.  Can anybody out there confirm?

Dana Loomis