Spider bushings

> Hello Russ,
>
> I am rebuilding the suspension on my '90 Alfa Spider and would like to
> replace as much of the stock rubber with polyurethane bushings as is
> possible. IAP only sells poly bushings for:
>
> 1. The front upper control caster bushing
> 2. The trailing arm front bushing
> 3. The trunnion to differential bushing
>
> Centerline's catalog also lists a poly option for the front sway bar center
> bushings, although I haven't spoken to them yet about this. The problem I
> see here is that by replacing the front sway bushings with poly (but not the
> rear), I would be effectively increasing the stiffness of the front sway bar
> and thus increasing the tendency of the car to understeer.
>
> I am not familiar with Alfa Bill. Could you (or anyone else) tell me what
> other poly bushings (and joint boots) are available for my vehicle and where
> I can get them? Btw, I checked out the Super Pro Web site in Australia and
> they don't list any poly bushings for Alfa Spiders. However, IAP says they
> get their poly bushings from Australia so I wonder if they come from the
> Super Pro people.

SuperPro makes an assortment of bushings for the Spiders and in most
cases the fit is excellent and customers rave about the improvement in
handling/feel.

There are several PU bushing makers in AU  and SuperPro is one. Quality
is top notch, only snag is a few Spiders have had fitment issues on the
rear trailing arm...

For more information, on the bushings,
http://mastroalfa.com/superpro.htm or give me a call.
800 683-2532

- --
AlfaBill
Mastro Alfa Romeo / Subaru Inc. 800.683.ALFA
Home of SuperPro Polyurethane bushings and Magnecor Wires
Tampa Florida USA