Alfa power windows

Don't know if spiders use the same or similar motors for their power windows,
but I'll add my two cents.  The driver's window quit on my 87 Verde.  First it
was intermittant, then quit altogether.  Power to the motor was fine.  I took
the motor out and dismantled it.  One brush had apparently been making poor
contact and heating up.  The heat melted the brush holder, eventually causing
the brush to stick and preventing it from contacting the commutator.  I unstuck
the brush, cleaned up the holder so the brush slid properly, made sure it was
making good contact, and buttoned things up.  No problems since then.

Mike