Milano ABS help needed

Hi,

The ABS pump/motor on my Verde has developed a pin-hole leak due to a
casting flaw that squirts fluid everytime the pedal is pressed.

My car is now being worked on by the estimable Wes Ingram and unfortunately
his attempts to weld a patch haven't worked.  The only option is to replace
the pump with another and Wes hasn't been able to locate a good used one.

He is checking into a rumor that some Saab ABS pumps may be compatible and I
thought I heard once from a digesti that certain Passat pumps might work as
well.  Does anyone have any info about this?

Call me cheap, but I don't want to spend $1000 on a new pump.  The last
possibility is to take the whole ABS system out which Wes says he'll need an
attitude adjustment for since the same job on his Verde was a pain in the
@$$.

Any thoughts out there, o' guru Alfisti?

Kit Redwine
88 Verde (brakeless in Seattle)