164 tires / sizes

> I'm shopping for tires for my 164 and would like to hear from others who've
> put wider than oem tires on oem wheels. I know 205x60x15s are close to stock
> in diameter (24.68" vs. 24.98" stock) and have heard they don't rub. Anybody
> tried 215x60x15s? These are actually closer to stock diameter (25.15") than
> 205s but I'm concerned about rubbing. I'd appreciate comments or advice from
> anyone who's been down this road....

I would advise against the 215 60 15 on the 164. Customers of mine have
done it and regret it. They do rub and handle squishy due to the wide
tire on a narrow rim. 205-60 15 looks good and fits well enough.

i just tripped across a great deal on decent everyday tires, Continental
ch95 for Sofia, Softer cruising type tire, ideal for what she will be up
to from now on in her semi retirement...

AlfaBill
'91 168 "TS" with big yellow UK plate (ALFA 168) on the back for
Portofino
'88 SAAB 900T cab. Daily mule... love that whistle as she spools up
'91 Nizam Scentra, just sold, pays for SAAB, life is good.

End of alfa-digest V7 #1091