RE: Diagnosing a bad 1750 starter solenoid?

Kevin Trent wrote:

>> Any suggestions before I remove the solenoid for inspection
(and repair or replacement)? How do I test the solenoid after
removal? Any  tests I should conduct before removal? Thanks! <<

Just two bits of info I've picked up over the years:

1) Last time I bought a new sol. it came with a label against
bench-testing it. The sol. shouldn't be connected to +12v
unless it's attached to the starter. Apparently operating it
"solo" may harm the solenoid.

2) A sol. should NOT be lubricated internally. It is designed
to operate dry.

Rich Hirsch