re: GTV-6 Hot Starting Problem

> My ('85) GTV-6 starts like a champ first thing, but then is very reluctant
> to restart after it gets up to operating temperature and shut it off for a
> few minutes. Any ideas?

> Thanks for any and all help.

> Joe Fillip
> Swarthmore, PA

Hi Joe,
Sounds like it could be a faulty sensor shorting the computer out. The O2
sensor is a likely culprit, but there are a number of other temperature
sensitive sensors that feed the Bosch computer. You can check the O2 sensor
by simply unplugging it and letting the car warm up. Turn it off and try top
start it again. There are also some temp sensors up front on the thermostat
housing. Make sure you have those connected and that the switch is not
shorted to ground at temp. If it is, the L-Jetronic computer will stop
working and you go no where.

BTW- There is an after market O2 sensor that works just fine in a GTV6, I
believe IAP sells them if you can't convince your local parts counter to
help out. (I have no connection with IAP, they just finally started carrying
the after market O2 sensor. Should be less than $50)

Oh yeah, the GTV6 runs just fine with the O2 sensor unattached, I have been
running it that way for some time. (I know, but hey, it tuns great and flies
through emissions)

- --
Kim Christiansen
NWARC
84 GTV6  Arrrrrggggg, wheel bearing goes south!
81 Spider  wahoo! IT RUNS!
75 Spider  ahhh, the restoration continues...