Beta with a 124 Tranny!

Try again. The Beta is a front wheel drive car. The Beta has a
transaxle. The 124 was rear wheel drive. The 124 had 4 Speed and 5 Speed
manual transmissions.  The two trannies are completely different
designs. The Thema 8.32 used a beefed up Thema Turbo transaxle to handle
the torque of the Ferrari V8. I would not be surprised to see these
Thema transmissions be similar to the 164 5 Speeds. As I recall the
Ferrari V8 was retuned because Lancia wanted a flatter torque curve. If
I remember correctly, the Lancia has a different crankshaft than the
normal Ferrari 3 litre.

I do not think it would have been very wise of Lancia to be stuffing the
normal 250hp 3.0 Litre from the European 308 into a front wheel  drive
Thema. I recall reading the British magazines of that time, and most
made mention how easy it was to light up the front wheels. When they
reviewed the 164, most complained about the torque steer of the early
V6 164s. The only complaints about the 8.32 I have heard besides engine
bay access, is the front tires wearing quickly. I would still love to
have one!

Robert
91 164L