Help Needed, Alfetta GTV 2000 purchase

Hi Folks,

I'm going to have a look at an '84 GTV2000, tipo 116, on Monday next week,
with a view to possible purchase.

The car has only done 32k miles, mostly in Cyprus, so no rust likely. It's
UK spec. By all accounts, it's pretty good, but has probably suffered from
lack of regular use. Various things have been replaced, and the brakes have
been worked on recently. Slave cylinders have also been replaced.

Can anyone suggest areas to check? I'm aware of most of the mechanical
problems as I owned a Milano TS, so the gearbox and drive train I am
familiar with. Is the gear change really as bad as people make out? Is it
likely to have an Isostatic change, and if so how can I tell?

It has been fitted with A/C, but I have no idea if this was a factory
option, or aftermarket addition.

Any advice would be really helpful, particularly regarding the engine
carburation. I'm assuming it's not injected.

Trawling the net, there seems little to be found about the two litre cars,
the V6 being better represented.

All help appreciated, mail me off digest if you like.

Thanks,

Ian

End of alfa-digest V7 #1084