RE: ALFA or Lancia or Mazda or FORD?

> manufacturer. ALFA came into the FIAT fold and developed the 164 from the
> same basic design. The FIAT group used a lot of common components, I

one minor nit - my understanding is that alfa was one of the four
participants in the original shared design (the other three being fiat,
lancia, and saab, as you mentioned).  the point being that alfa didn't use a
fiat design after they were purchased by fiat, it was a design they
participated in from the beginning, prior to the purchase of fiat.

fwiw,

bs