ALFA or Lancia or Mazda or FORD?

We really need to get to the bottom of this. Ford owns a big piece of
Mazda, so the Taurus could be using a Mazda design. The Thema looks like
the 164 because they are essentially the same car, in a sense. The FIAT
Croma, Lancia Thema, and SAAB 9000 all used the same body structure and
some components are common or similar. The exterior body panels, the
suspension, brakes, steering and drive train were "unique" to each
manufacturer. ALFA came into the FIAT fold and developed the 164 from the
same basic design. The FIAT group used a lot of common components, I
believe. E.g. I can't believe the 164 has an ALFA gearbox, second gear
doesn't crunch, it must be  a Lancia box!

If we don't figure this out soon we won't know who was first. Like Thor
Heyerdhal (sp?) who did the Kon Tiki raft thing from South America to
Easter Island, then the Ra from Africa to South America and stopped just in
time before he proved you could sail from Easter island to Madagascar, then
he wouldn't have been able to figure out where the Easter Island Statue
sculptors had originated.
Michael Smith
Calgary, Alberta
Canada