Re: Mazda was 164, Shifter Cable?? I think not

Name a Car company that won Le Mans in this decade and has marketed two
revolutionary engine technologies? Oh yes, Mr. Smith has provided the answer below
(.... indicates stuff deleted for the saving of bandwidth)

C M Smith wrote:

> Nope, the 164 uses the neato double rod type shifter originally pioneered
> by... Mazda!!   ... BTW, that Mazda shifter is still one of the best FWD
> transverse shifters
> out there, and has anyone checked out the suspension of a 626 or even a
> Protege? Looks familiar to us 164 owners I can tell you, and who used it
> first? Mazda. No I don't prefer my Mazda to my 164, but it is important to
> remain objective. Alfas are about spirit and soul. Mazdas are about
> avoiding Bankruptcy and getting to the church on time, time after time.
> Michael Smith
> Calgary, Alberta
> Canada
> 91 Alfa 164L, White, original owner

Bernie Bennett
Brenham, TX USA

PS Never been to Alberta, how far are you from Portland, OR USA. Gotta plan a side
trip for next summer's Alfa Convention. bjb