Non-traditional performance improvements

> Yesterday in the back of Grassroots Motorsports
> magazine I came across an ad claiming to
"Supercharge
> any car." Supposedly it swirls the air to create
> better combustion and give you 0-35% power increase.
>
> it's ...a "combination vortex generator, velocity
> stack, and venturi,made of stainless steel,
installed
> in the air path, that extends the resident time
> between gas and air, maximizing vaporization for
>
> Is this thing for real? Or is it just BS? It would
be

If you think this is hot, you would love the aftermarket oil filter that
was in our 750 Spider when we got it. It uses toilet-paper rolls as
filter elements. I remember when these were advertised in mags like
Popular Mechanics as the wonder oil filter of the age.

Paul Rollins
Vancouver, WA