Milano/75 Rear Transaxle Inner Bearing

John;

You did not describe the symptoms in detail, but it is
highly unlikely that the Transaxle Inner Bearing is
the culprit in your case.

I am experiencing the same noise and shaking right now
from my 88 Milano Gold, but I know (or at least I
think I know, with Alfas you really never know) it is
the left rear wheel bearing.  How do I know?  Because
a while back (1 year) the car exhibited the same
symptoms and it it turned out to be the right rear
wheel bearing.  Now I got the same problem, but it
behaves differently under same driving conditions.

In the first case it quiets down when I make left
turns (put the load on the right wheels), but now it
quiets down when I make right turns (put load on the
left wheels).

My recommendation is to replace the bearings on both
wheels at the same time, otherwise you'll end up like
me doing it again a year later.  I did the job my
self.  If you have the tools, it is a very simple job.

Good luck

=====
Abe Kheraz
Madison, WI