'74 Spider questions

Hi Guys and Dolls,

I'm a bit of a newbie to Alfa land.  Actually, I've
never even ridden in or driven one.

But I'm trying to change that.

I'm trying to get time to go look at a '74 Spider in
the SF Bay Area.  It has 100k miles on it, and
supposedly runs great.  The body has some minor dents
in it.

Natch, I have too many vehicles, and I'm trying to
unload one of my trucks so I can have a convertible to
cruise Highway One with.

But I'm wondering if some of you Alfisti might be kind
enough to point out some of the areas I should watch
out for on a car like this.  I do all my own work, so
feel free to get technical with me.

Thanks!

vince
Pacifica, CA

PS. Yo Diane Flynn, you still addicted to these cars?

1970 BMW 2002ti
1975 Honda CB550k
1976 BMW R90/6
1942 Dodge Power Wagon