Double the Power Increase; Buy Two!

Chip queried:

>Yesterday in the back of Grassroots Motorsports magazine I came across
>an ad claiming to "Supercharge any car." Supposedly it swirls
>the air to create better combustion and give you 0-35% power increase.
>it's ...a "combination vortex generator, velocity stack, and venturi, made
>of stainless steel, installed in the air path, that extends the resident
time
>between gas and air, maximizing vaporization for better combustion
>They also state that you can use two per hose to double the 'boost.'
>Is this thing for real? Or is it just BS? It would be great it if could
>actually give up some noticeable performance increases like it promises.

<snip>

Chip, Baby,

In a world hardened by abuse, it is a pleasure to meet someone like yourself.
 You are on a quest for the Holy Grail of Performance.  But you would rather
not slog through the mud, or slay dragons.  Well, thanks to modern marketing
and the power of positive visualization, you may be in luck.

I will save you the impatience of waiting for, and the inconvenience of
installing the "combination vortex generator, velocity stack, and venturi."

I can guarantee similar results without all that fuss.  The principles of
obfuscation are well known.  A recent contribution to this subject by
Professor Mackro illustrates this point.  There is simply no need for this
device when the SAME results may be gained without it.

Now for your contribution to this process.  Simply write your name and
address on the back of a twenty dollar bill and forward it to me,
immediately.  Its really just that easy!  As soon as you have sent the cash,
you will begin to appreciate the results.  The satisfaction you feel in these
results will be inversely proportional to your expectations.   That's
important to remember, and I think you will.

No thanks necessary, just glad to help,

Dollar Bill