78 spider body panel spacing

yes, my spider is still in the shop. it seems quite a few of the various parts distributors lie often as to when parts are actually going to be shipped.
anyway i have a few questions.
about how much gap in mm (or inches if your crusty) should there be between the nose and the hood; and the hood to cow catcher (the windshield wiper thing)?
the body shop called me to ask because he said there was too much gap for him to be comfortable with 9.5mm or 3/8 in .

also if you know where i can actually buy a spare tire well, and rear bumper for the car let me know.
dr-strangelove@domain.elided

thanks
jason