re: Where can I find a good clutch replacement procedure?

The shop that just replaced my transmission generally does not pull the
engine in the process. They put the car up on a lift, remove the
driveshaft, disconnect the exhaust, and drop the rear transmission mount.
This allows sufficient clearance to pull the bell housing bolts and,
tipping the engine to the rear, pull the transmission from underneath.

It's probably hard to do it this way without a lift to work with, but it
does save some time without butchering the car. (I can tell you true
horror stories about what I've seen done to Jaguar E-Types in the name of
saving time on a clutch replacement.)

Godfrey