Re: GTV-6 A/C Questions

Marc,

I don't know if the European A/C looks anything like the ones we got
in the US.  It is my understanding that the US A/C was installed at
the port of entry or by the dealer, using units designed by the Behr
A/C Company.  "TropicAire" generally refers to the later, upgraded
units with twin evaporators.  Don't know if they were sold in Europe.
Early cars here came with York piston compressors, but the later
Sanden rotary compressor (from 75/Milano or later) is preferred.
Hose take-off points on the two compressors are different, so some
minor re-engineering might be required.  Flushing out old refrigerant
and oil might be a chore in R12-R134 conversion.  If you can get it,
what does R12 cost in Switzerland now?

Chris Attias
'84 GTV-6
'64 MGB