Fan Motor in spider

Hello,
This morning, in response to today's cool Autumnal weather, I flipped the
vents in my 87'  Spider, on to the 'Hot Air' position & switched on the
fan.  Just as it was getting toasty, the motor cut off on me, only to turn
back on a second later.  Tapping on the fan's toggle switch results in the
fan turning off or on ( the fan light on the dash cuts on & off as well).
What do you all think?  I bet its the switch.  If it is, it looks like I
need to pull the center console out - ?  Any advice as always, is greatly
appreciated.

alberto
Atlanta, Ga.
1987 Alfa Romeo Spider 138,000 miles