Maratona For Sale...

What a neat looking version of the GTV6.  I saw one for the first time this
past weekend.  What's the story on these - just a GTV6 with plastic
aerodynamic skirts or was there some other enhancement(s) as well?  Anyone
think with this much surface rust that there is a chance the underside
could be in good condition?  Looks like a heckuva fun project car.

Brian Kennedy
'91 Spider Veloce
Columbus, Ohio

Subject: Maratona For Sale...

Hey all -

   Was just checking out Alfa stuff on eBay, when I found a GTV6.  Rusty,
but runs.  The really cool factor about it is that it's a Maratona edition
- - and according to the seller, the dash plate "states it is #1 of 110!".

   Unfortunately, I've got no money to buy more cars right now, but it
seems someone should rescue the first Maratona ever made. It's at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=165589609

   As usual, I've got no financial interests in this car, etc. etc., blah
blah blah.

- - -Paul Witek