RE: still no idle 88 spider

Not an expert with this one, as this problem hasn't happened to me.
You seem to have checked the exotics -- the Bosch components that are
suspicious but seldom fail. In the spirit of Fred D, how about the
basics? Air, fuel and spark. Incorrect amounts of any of these will
profoundly effect a car's ability to idle.

L-Jet experience would lead me first into looking for induction system
leaks. Way too much air will overwhelm the L-Jet's ability to
compensate.

Low fuel pressure will cause dripping, rather than spraying, in
injectors at the low duty cycle of idle.

Spark plugs and wires have an inherent non-linear resistance to
passing current. At higher frequencies (higher RPMs), the spark system
can overcome the heightened resistance of failing components and fire
more-or-less correctly.

One Bosch item that can profoundly affect the whole works is the water
temp sensor (Temperature Sensor II). When that baby goes south, it can
have all sorts of strange effects.

And this one is a reach: how far to the retard side does the
distributor fall as the RPMs drop? A faulty distributor could cause
over-retardation at idle. Just a thought.

I can't assume I've pin-pointed your problem. I can hope I've given
you a few more leads to chase.

- - Eric Hambleton, Marietta, GA
1983 GTV -- Felicite -- with a noisy, powerful, Sperry-headed true V6
I know well
1995 VW Passat -- Wolfie -- with a strange, almost-straight-6 engine
(VR6) that I find fascinating