Re: Bosch Distributer

In a message dated 9/16/99 4:18:46 PM Central Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> I've been working on 4 cyl Alfas it's been a rule that when everything was
>  put together correctly the distributor rotor points forward when #1 is at
>  TDC on compression stroke. Well this new Bosch distributor ends up at about
>  11 o'clock. I know it won't affect anything but I was wondering why this is
>  so

The rotor on a Bosch distributer at #1 should point towards the front middle
of the engine (that could be 11:00 depending on where you are standing) and
will be at 45 deg. to the center line of the engine (motor).  This according
to Haynes.

The Marelli would point straight forward and be parallel to the centerline of
the motor (engine)

Jerry in Houston