Retraction

Looking over my posting about the Britcars tour, I see that I said:

"We settled down to pints of Fuller's ESB on draught and eventually to
huge platters of fish and chips, served with malt vinegar and salt on
the side."

For *years*, I used to say that it is better to drive a British sports
car and eat Italian food, than to drive an Italian sports car and eat
British food.

I think I'll finally have to retract that...

In fact, come to think of it, on our very first night-out after the
birth of our almost-three-year-old son Charlie, Kim and I drove the Alfa
(back when I only had one -- the '67 GT Junior) to the Britannia Arms in
Cupertino.  I had steak and kidney pudding, she had chicken curry, we
shared a pitcher of Fuller's ESB there too, and life was good.

Of course, now, what I'll have to do for the Oct. 2 tour is set up a
stop at Ciao Bella in Felton, a lovely outdoor Italian restaurant.
Redwoods, red cars, red wine and red sauce all at the same time!  Oh,
the humanity!

 --Scott Fisher
   Sunnyvale, California