Monza Motors, San Francisco

Does anyone have any experience with Monza Motors in SF? I took
my Milano to them to have them fix the hood release cable (which
wasn't popping the hood) and the parking brake cable (which
wasn't holding). After $105 I picked up the car and was told
both cables had been adjusted, not replaced. Parking brake
seemed to be fixed, but over the next few days slipped back to
where it was, and when I tried to pop the hood 3 out 4 times it
still wouldn't pop. Am I correct in saying that if they had
diagnosed the problems correctly they would have determined it
needed new cables in both cases, and should therefore redo the
job for no extra charge except parts? The only reason I went to
them is because they weren't booked solid like most Alfa shops
in the Bay Area, and they advertised in the Cams. Has anyone
else had dealings with this outfit? Are these guys trustworthy?
In the meantime, how do you pop the hood without using the
release cable?

Neil.

===
Neil A. Smith, Musician