RE: Wobbly 164 door hinges

> Are you sure the hinge plate on the door post is securely screwed in? The
> one on my passenger side worked loose twice. Awkward to tighten, torx
bolts
> and no room for a wrench, screwdriver not really up to the job. I have a
> ratchet  for screwdriver bits purchased from Lee Valley tools which works
> great, had to reef on it pretty hard though to stop the hinge plate from
> slipping.

for door bolts and screws i've got the perfect tool - a small, hand held
impact driver.  put whatever socket you want on it, put it in place, then
whack it with a hammer.  the hammer forces the bit into the screw head,
while at the same time twisting either clockwise or counter-clockwise.  i
bought it just to remove stubborn door screws from gtv6's, but it works
equally well to tighten those same screws.

fwiw,

bs