Re: Re: Ford-Alfa-Ferrari-Lancia-Maserati-Borgward-Hillman-Rootes-Innocenti-Bris

In a message dated 9/14/99 7:12:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< It is difficult to see how all of these brands will survive. Maserati in
 particular. But we have lost car brands before, and some more casualties
 surely lay in store.  >>

Explain to me where Maserati would overlap with any product now produced by
Fiat, Ford or GM? The closest is Jaguar which is more of a woman's car than
anything. All about style with very little substance. The real overlap is
Alfa & Lancia, covering the same price points and similar market demographics
and that is within the FIAT family, if purchased by Ford one or both would go
because Volvo is already in place, at GM there is Adam Opel.
Worry more about Alfa if it happens than Maserati.