Spider exhaust manifold options.

In a message dated 9/13/99 9:17:39 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< cobmeister@domain.elided >>
Colin,

I had the same problem and took the advice of a few, and replaced that
eighties style manifold with an older seventies style, I bought a used 74
from Alfa Parts Exchange with the down pipes for a $100.  I then sent the
manifold to Jet Hot for $95 and have been very pleased with the finish,
performance, and reduced temp under the hood.  You will have to weld your
catalytic converter and 02 sensor to the down pipes.  Replace that used cat
with a $55 replacement from Discount Converters while your in there.  I ran
the car without the cat for a week, and the gas mileage was worse than having
the new replacement.  Just FYI.

Ricky Rodosta
86 Spider Veloce
91 164L