re: Where's the adjuster ?

> How do I adjust the tension on the A/C compressor V-belt ? The car is an
> 86 spider .

	Ah, the adjuster is there, you just can't see it.  The A/C pulley on
the crank is a two piece pulley.  There are shims between the pieces
that adjust the width of the pulley and thusly the tension on the V-belt
(just like the fan pulleys on old VW air-cooled engines).  The big
problem is getting to the pulley.  You need to pull off the alternator
pulley to gain access to the A/C pulley which requires that you remove
the huge nut on the end of the crank (37 mm or 38 mm).  Once the alt.
pulley is off, you can remove the front section of the A/C pulley by
remove about 5 bolts that hold it to the rear section.

	You can use an air wrench but to get the air wrench on the nut you need
to remove the radiator and get the A/C radiator out of the way - at
least with my air wrench.  Is there a right angle air wrench??  The
other way is the much vaunted 'twobyfour' method of getting the pulley
nut loose which I've never used.

	Took me about 3 hours to do this since it was my first time.

	Bruce