Spider Tire ?

Hi
I'm looking for some advice on what new tires I should put on my 84 Spiders
Stock Camp's Wheels.  I drive the car pretty hard on the street and I
autocross every now and then.
Whats the best size, profile, you use on your car for such types of driving.
185/70 HR 14" is the stock listed in my manual.
I was thinking of going one size wider and one size lower profile.  something
like 195/60 or 65 HR 14"s   I'm keeping the stock rims as they are "look
good" don't fix.
Will this affect my speedometer enough to make me worry.. is it worth it to
switch sizes Performace vs possible alignment problems, speedo problems,
Basically I'm looking for Happy Campers (autocrossers) who have made a tire
purchase recently for there cars for both street and track.
I was thinking Pirrelle or Yoko's or ?
the manual states Michelin XVS or Pirelli P8 as Equivalents back in 1984
I'm pretty Impressed with Tire Racks web site and will probably order them
off there, heard one good comment from a fellow autocrosser on this company.
Performance is more Important to me than price, yet I don't want a autocross
only tire, but a street tire.

Thanks
Victor