Alfa 33 for a Morgan

>>The steering rack used to replace the antique (read: hard-to-find
and heart-stoppingly-expensive) steering gear was from an Alfa Sud
or Alfa 33. My question, being completely non-Alfa oriented, are
these/those Alfa models available in the USA? And, if so, what years
do I search for in the bone yard?<<

Hi

As I understand, the 33 and Sud were not officially imported to the USA,
although it got VERY close. There are a couple on the road over there
but I doubt you will find one in a breakers yard. However, the good
news is that they are commen in Europe and there are plenty of Alfa
specific breakers yards who could help you. I presume you want a
LHD rack, in which case a UK number is not of much help.

For 33 info try looking on:-

http://www.oufti.com/alfa/

which is the Alfa 33 discussion list. Someone should be able to give
you the numbers of some breakers yards in LHD countries who could
mail the rack to you.

All the best

Keith