New Toy & A Long List of "Thank You's"

Well, the A.L.F.A. bug/mid-life crisis has hit big time and my ever-loving
spouse is supporting the cure. The first thank you goes to Liz, my fabulous
"I don't understand it, but if it makes you happy" wife!

I recently posted interest in finding an Alfetta GT in red (w/ black interior
- -- have to do SOMETHING to stay warm in Seattle) and wouldn't you know it,
one very kind digesti put me in touch with a beautiful specimen. Thanks,
Peter! I DID ask, didn't I? :-)

I'm flying down to the San Francisco/Oakland area tomorrow (Sat) to pick up
my "new" '77 Alfetta GT! I'm so excited I won't be able to sleep tonight!

Had the car inspected by a Bay Area Alfa mechanic. (Thanks to Ruth Ann at
Alfa Parts and Wes Ingram here in Seattle for the suggestion!) He, the
mechanic, was skeptical at first (don't the '76 & '77 years get ANY respect?)
but he admitted, after the inspection, that this was one pretty fine example
of an Alfetta GT. High praise, I think.

The new red car is in *very* nice shape on the exterior except for minor rust
at the base of the windshield (yes, I know , it's only minor on the outside
- -- plans for removal & repair are shaping up), a small nick in the LR quarter
panel (right where all the lines come together, ouch!), and a perfectly
executed parking lot terrorism key scratch in the hood.

The interior is perfect, the front seats having been covered with sheep skins
for the majority of their 22 years. No dash cracks, rear seats very clean and
neat.

The really great part is the mechanicals -- 60k original miles and the engine
is tight as new (no oil leaks at all the trustworthy mechanic says). The
compression is right up at the top (99-100 percent on all 4 cylinders) and
only the plug wires are weak. The suspension looks very good, all the
donuts/giubos/rubber thingys were replaced within the last year. Tires are
OK, they'll get me home and around until the car fund refills. Oh, yes, even
the 2nd gear crunch is working. :-)

Overall, a very good deal at 1USD per cc! Thanks to all who offered their
encouragement and personal stories.

I'll be the third owner and spending my allowance on wax and Windex for a
while! Pray the road stays straight all the way home!

ciao

Tom
'63 Spider (in full resto)
'77 Alfetta GT  <-- coming home Sunday!!!
Seattle