Paint Codes

Thanks to Ian Evans and John Hertzman for their posts on Alfa / Ditzler
paint codes. Very timely, since I am only a few weeks away from painting,
but now I feel really stupid. Even with these lists I can't figure out what
color of paint to use.
According to my records, the original coating on my '62 Giulietta Spider is
"AR716 - Graphite Gray"
The chart shows 3 "Graphite Gray" choices for Spiders - none of them
"AR716". Why 3 choices, and which would be the correct color?  Also, you've
lost me on the paint type. Was the original coating a lacquer (as I have
been led to believe) or an enamel?
Any help you can offer to un-confuse this poor Alfisti would be welcome.