RE: Refinishing a dashboard??

Roberto Rosa asks:
>> Has anyone ever refinished a dashboard on a Giulia Sprint
Veloce? I have a 1967 Giulia Sprint Veloce and the wood "look
alike" dashboard needs refinishing. It looks to me that what
is there is something like a contact paper. Is that original?
Anyone got ideas as to how I can refinish the dashboard so it
looks nice? << =

The plastic veneer is indeed original. I redid the dash on
my '66 GTV about a year ago. I ended up removing the veneer
and treating what was left with polyester resin. After that
I used a minimal amount of body filler to smooyt it. Finally,
I used a wrinkle-finish paint topcoated with gray to simulate
a GTA dash. It was a lot of work but turned out very nice and
its longevity has yet to be proven. There is a photo of it at:

   http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/3837/gtvdash1.jpg

The collective advice of the Alfa Digest given at that time
is posted at:

   http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/3837/gtvdash1.html

Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

Rich Hirsch
'87 Milano
'78 Spider
'67 Duetto
'66 Sprint GTV <- Cat Daddy--dash looks great
Editor, i Saluti, St Louis AROC
Website: http://www.catenary.com/victor/isaluti