Non-original changes to 74 GTV?

I stripped everything off my 74 US GTV yesterday, readying it for the paint
shop, and am debating whether to go with two non-original changes:

1.  Delete front and rear rectangular side marker lights?  Alternatively,
install just small Euro "dot" front markers, or 1600-style front markers?

2.  Remove "shelf" on rear panel with license light and "Alfa Romeo" block
letters, and swap to earlier 2000 bumper that includes the in-bumper license
lights?

I think these are both esthetic improvements, but am torn about messing with
originality on my car.  This is a car I plan to keep.  I normally go for
originality (within reason), but my personal feeling is that some of the
last stylistic changes to US GTVs were not for the better.  Comments
appreciated, particularly from folks who may have made such changes.  Thanks

Andrew Watry
Berkeley, CA