re: Headlights

Jim -

I was at the LA hot-rod/custom car show not too long ago.  There was a rep for
a firm in San Diego who was selling replacement headlights, both round and
rectangular (of little interest here).  The lamps were made in India, and the
rep claimed they were OEM for lots of mfg's.  (Grain of salt, please.)  Can't
vouch for overall quality, but they did look good.  Looks, however, can be
deceiving.  He was asking $45 per pari of lights, including 55low/100high QI
bulbs.

He was also selling xenon gas bulbs, which I have seen referred to as QI-Plus,
or Super-Quartz, or some such.  He was showing two H-4 bulbs of this variety.
The Japanese (brand forgotten) were $80 per pair of bulbs.  The German, Varna
maybe, were $40 per pair.  Their claim is that they are brighter than standard
QI bulbs, but with similar power draw.  This is good for the electrical system.

Legality?  I haven't seen any QI H4 headlight units which were DOT approved
except for the Cibie Bobi units from several years back.  I have been running
H4 conversions, though, in every car that has replaceable headlights (round or
rectangular) for the past 25 plus years.  Used judiciously, there has never
been a problem with the law.

Oh - the company's name?
M. Eton Company
2747 North Grand Ave #244
Santa Ana, CA  92705
Tel and fax (714) 505-9650

No affiliation, etc, yada, yada, yada

Jay Negrin
ARO So Cal
Hella H4 60/55 watt hi-lo and H1 55 watt high beem in Alfetta - I see fine at night