Re: alfa-digest V7 #1022

Will Owen asked:

> I think this might have been covered before, but I
> wasn't paying sufficient attention, so let's do it
> again:our '87 Gold is displaying a door-open warning
> (right rear) on the monitor panel, and simply slamming
> the door a few times no longer works. Not only that,
> but now the courtesy lights are staying on when the
> car's parked. For the time being, I can just unhook
> the battery overnight, but that doesn't fix the
> problem. If there were simply a pushbutton switch,
> it'd be a cinch, but of course those clever Italians
> couldn't do anything that obvious, could they?
>
> Anybody got a clue?

Maybe not about everything, but I do about this. If the Milano has
similar handles to the 90 (can't remember), it's in the door lock
mechanism. Anthony Sarkis posted a fix to this a little while back. I've
got his post on my website.

Tony
1985 Alfa 90
The Alfa 90 Page http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/7709
- --
Tony Lupton                         *    Astracon (Australia) Pty Ltd
Learning Products Team Leader    *    *  Level 10, 303 Coronation Drive
Email: t.lupton@domain.elided      *   PO Box 1656
Phone: +61 7 3368 6926                   Milton Qld 4064
Fax:   +61 7 3368 6999             *     Australia