more FrankenSpider madness

Just got back from 3 weeks of holiday in the UK. Sadly, I was unable to
acquire an Alfa Romeo 156 rental for the duration (I found one company
that had them but they were all spoken for) and had to endure that latest
paragon of numb driving mush called a Toyota Ascensia 1.8. A more numb
and bland motoring experience is hard to imagine. It was an incredible
pleasure to return home, fire up the Yellow Beast, and enjoy the feel of
the road through the steering wheel again! :)

Anyway, FrankenSpider is now in the shop for a couple of days while the
newly rebuilt/lightened transmission is installed and some regular
maintenance performed. Then it will be back up to the painter to complete
a couple of details on the bodywork.

I'm going to call it done at that point for this year ... the future
holds a new interior, a chassis stiffener, a Stebro SS exhaust system,
polishing the wheels, and perhaps a little more performance work on the
engine. For now, I'm eager to just drive it for a bit and enjoy the work
done so far! :)

Godfrey