using a pyrometer

the "what are the magic suspension settings for my 105" thread has surfaced
again...

what I would like to know is this:  assuming I had access to a pyrometer,
what is the procedure for using it to set up the car?  I assume the idea is
to get an even temp across the whole tread - meaning that the whole tread
contact patch was being used efficiently.  but what effect does tyre
pressure have?  when do I change pressure, and when do I adjust camber?
what effect on the temp readings does toe in and caster have?

what about adjusting the corner weights?  surely if you are serious, then
you need to do that first.

what I would like to see is all the gurus on the digest put their heads
together and come up with a basic procedure - a set of steps that you should
follow to set up your car for best performance.  maybe include things like
how to know when your springs are too hard or too soft, or your anti-roll
bars too big or too small.

is this a pipe-dream?  surely not... there is so much collected wisdom on
the digest that Im sure something can be worked out...

ben
'68 1750 GTV
'68 GT 1300 Jr.