GTV Clutch

     Hi,

     I have a 1978 alfetta gtv, I have just rebuilt the gearbox and as part
     of that process installed a new driven plate (clutch) and new clutch
     slave cylinder. Now it seems I can't disengage the clutch. It's very
     close but seems to still be making contact with the pressure plate
     when the pedal is fully depressed. I am about to measure the throw of
     the slave the manual says it should be between 10.6 and 12.2 mm. I can
     select a gear without the motor running and the engage the clutch but
     the take up is very soon, and then I cant change gears. I just seems
     as if the slave cylinder is not travelling far enough. Maybe its the
     master, I don't know. If any one out there can help me I would be very
     appreciative.

     Thanks

     George Brook
     work george.brook@domain.elided