Re:Boot Clips

In a message dated 9/5/99 11:48:10 AM Central Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Sounds like the previous owner messed with the boot and discarded the 6
>  or 8 clips that go around the perimeter and clip the console, frame and
>  boot together. With these clips in place, it is impossible to remove the
>  boot without taking the console off. If you don't have the clips, I can't
>  think of a substitute except maybe go to a local auto upholstery shop and
>  see if they can help. ALFA designed it right, sometimes owners (or
>  previous owners) are ALFA's worst enemy!!
Try this!

I went to a office supply store and bought a box of those small (about 3/4")
black steel spring clips with chrome handles like for holding documents
together and you can remove the little handles afterward.  These little
buggers really grab and I used no adhesive.  I used alot of them on my
Alfetta shift boot, but it has worked beautifully for several years...no
problems mate.

Jerry in Houston