Re: Dumb Spider question --- firing order

Paul Irvine wrote:

>At this point, I'd say the only way you can really find out for sure what's
>going on is to set the engine with #1 cylinder at TDC (crank pulley pointer
>to "P" and both cam lobes for #1 pointing outwards) and see where the dist
>rotor is pointing. You'll have to pull the cam cover off to do this.

Almost, but not quite. You don't really have to pull the cam cover. If you
pull the plugs to make the motor easy to rotate, all you need to do is look
down the #1 spark plug hole. The correct sequence is, exhaust valve visible,
then intake valve, then the next TDC for #1 you come to is the right one.
Set the motor at "P" and proceed. Do remember to rotate the crank pulley
clockwise as seen from the front!

Simon