Milano tires

Greetings Alfisti !

Well, it's that "tire-ing" time again.  And I'm consulting the digest =
for your opinions.  Previously I had Yoko A-509's, 205/50-15 on 15 x 7 =
Stilauto rims.  I sold the rims and am back to stock Milano Gold rims ( =
14 x 5.5 ).  The tire size is 195/60-14.  I liked how the 509's handled =
in the dry but their wet performance wasn't so great ( don't even ask =
about snow - but that's only a factor one day a year at most here in =
SoCal) .  It may have been a factor of the huge tires.

I've been considering going for a longer wearing tire, as long as it =
doesn't squeal when pushed in turns.  I've been looking at Bridgestone =
RE-930's and Yokohama AVID H4's, both with a 300 or so treadwear rating. =
 I'd love to put on Yoko AVS Intermediates but the 160 treadwear rating =
( like the 509's ) means replacement in 2 years for me ( 20k + miles per =
year ).  Although I may hate the harder tires ( like the stock Michelins =
on it now ) and that would make the longer wear time miserable.

My suspension setup will be stock springs and tortion bars ( as soon as =
I remove the Shankle Supersport pieces ), Koni gas hydraulic shocks ( =
tightened up one or two clicks), and Shankle sport swaybars F & R.

All opinions are welcome, either to the digest or directly.

Ciao for Niao,

Dan Walker
68 Euro Duetto
87 Milano Gold ( in desperate need of new shoes )