Italian Car Rental

Hi Carlo,

I see we agree on the Eurostar.

Re: Alfas in Italy, I almost had a good experience with
Auto Europe (http://www.autoeurope.com) a couple years
ago, with an Alfa we reserved in Firenze. Long story,
our travel agent HERE screwed up, but they did get
another car for us, and there was no problem with
credits, etc. I see their site allows you to select
a country then auto rental, and they list a number
of Alfas (a 156 for $308/week).

RE: Italian driver's license. Before departing the
US I visited AAA (American Auto Assoc) and for $10
or so got an international driver's license, complete
with picture. No one ever asked for it, though. Perhaps
the UK equivalent (RAA ?) can advise and do the same.

John