Misc. stuff

Combining comments on AD #1012.

Guy Benveniste (not the first to point this out) mentions to hang onto
your Alfa. Pointing out that one just went for four big ones. Sorry
gang, don't think your rusted out Berlina will be bringing that figure
soon - or even in your lifetime.

The following is really close to a non paid advertisement, so Richard,
feel free to delete:

Currently AlfaCyberSite.com is wending its way through the rat maze of
HTML code for Shopping Carts and Virtual Terminals.

However, don't cry for me AlfaRomeo. I just want to point out what I am
about to say might seem self-serving. Perhaps.

Italiacars asks if you're not cheap, do you ever buy used parts?

While I'm not tapped into parts available for those cars with 400
hundred or so pounds in the tail, wagging the car, I have to admit that
damn but they have their act together.

It is seldom one sees a rusted out 356, let alone a 912 or 911. I have
never seen a Porsche in Pick-A-Part. I have, however and unfortunately,
seen a fair number of Alfas there.

Do the math. If you do just enough to keep your Alfa running, but no
more, it is eventually going to turn into junk. Valued at more than
somewhat less than the magic 4 mil mark.

And since far too many Alfisti do that very thing, valuation / resale
value for most Alfas is in the toilet.

An early Kamm-back Spider in pretty decent shape should be worth at
least 15K. Its Round-tail slightly older sibling also in decent shape
should be worth at least 22K.

Unwanted advice: Keep it clean, keep it original (at least where it
shows), keep it up.

Moretti in the August / Sept issue of Sports Car International: Saw it,
talked to the owner / restorer at length. While he was very
matter-of-fact relating how he found the original car (pieces) and what
he did to accomplish what you see on pages 84 to 88, I get extremely
emotional when I see that much dedication to pure perfection.

Biba
Irwindale CA