From: Lewis, Gerald [mailto:gerald.lewis@domain.elided]
Sent: Monday, August 30, 1999 11:23 AM
To: 'alfa@domain.elided'
Subject: RE: alfa-digest V7 #1005

>Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 18:21:00 -0600
>From: "C.M. Smith" <cmsmith@domain.elided>
>Subject: Warning about stepper motors

>Do not use the bronze gears from Australia!! They are estimated to be up to
>three times heavier than the stock gears specified by the Factory. Parts
>with a weight penalty of up to 300% will be damaging to the performance of
>your fine thoroughbred ALFA, and may void your warranty....

>Also, Australian gears will not work in vehicles designed for use in the
>Northern Hemisphere, they rotate backwards causing your finely calibrated
>and overdesigned HVAC system to freeze you in winter and heat you in
summer.
>Michael Smith
>Calgary, Alberta
>Canada
>91 Alfa 164L, White, original owner

	I wil be very interested in hearing Stuart Heather (the Aussie
developer of the brass stepper gears in question) comments on this post...or
is this a joke?  Despite my name I have an underdeveloped sense of satire so
I tend to take people at their word.  The weight penalty has to be a few
grams at worst and those are pretty stout motors.  How many 164's are still
under warrantee? Not many I'll bet.  Aren't those gears covered under
warrantee if the car is still under warrantee?

	The norther hemisphere part is a joke right?  Like toilet bowl (loo)
rotation is opposite in the nort and south hemispheres.

	Jerry in Houston